Sinigang Na Lechon Recipe





INGREDIENTS:
  • Left-over lechon (what we have is almost a half kilo of lechon. I separated the meat, skin from the bony part)
  • 3 tomatoes, halved and seeded
  • 2 onions, sliced into half
  • 1 pack or tali of kangkong
  • 3 green chili peppers (siling haba)
  • 2 small pouches of sinigang mix (I used Knorr Sinigang mix with Gabi 25grams)
  • Fish sauce (patis) to taste
  • *You can add string beans (sitaw), gabi or labanos if you want.



Sinigang Na Lechon Recipe

INSTRUCTIONS:

  1. If your left-over lechon has bones in it, scrape the meat off the bone and set the meaty portions aside. 
  2. Place the bony parts in a pot, cover it with water—I used 4 mugful’s of water to cover the bone. Let it simmer.
  3. Remember that the longer you keep the broth boiling, the more flavorful the soup would be.
  4. Add the tomatoes, onions and green chili peppers. 
  5. Keep the soup boiling for another 10-15 minutes. 
  6. Add the rest of the lechon  to the mix. 
  7. At this point, you can add salt or fish sauce according to your preferred taste. 
  8. I want my sinigang really sour and a bit spicy so I used 2 pouches of the sinigang mix. Since I used the mix with gabi variant, the broth was a bit thicker (not so much resembling a sauce) than the usual sinigang

Source: DIY for DUMMIES

Share It To Your Friends!

Share to Facebook

Loading...