Adobong Pusit Sa Gata (Squid Adobo With Coconut Cream) Recipe



INGREDIENTS:
  • Half Kilo of Squid
  • 1 medium size onion
  • About 6 cloves of garlic (I love garlic)
  • Vinegar (This time I used Apple Cider Vinegar)
  • Cooking Oil (about 2 tbsps)
  • Soy Sauce
  • Salt and Pepper
  • 2 medium Chopped Tomatoes (this is an optional but this time I wanted to taste a bit of tomato flavor)
  • Extra Thick Coconut Cream
  • 2 not so hot Chillis
Adobong Pusit Sa Gata (Squid Adobo With Coconut Cream) Recipe


INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. I saute'ed the garlic and onions for at least a minute or before it turns brown. Then, I added the tomatoes.
  2. Before I added the squid, I made sure that the tomatoes are well cooked to get that juice out of it.
  3. I saute'ed the squid about 1 minute since I still have to cook it further (Remember when cooking squid you don't overcook it or the squid will be very chewy)
  4. Then I added soy sauce then let it simmer for about 2 minutes before I added the vinegar. For some reason I find it better tasting when I use that method instead of adding the soy sauce and vinegar at the same time. I guess it is because the acid that vinegar contains.
  5. Try your squid if it's tender before you pour the cream.
  6. Then finally I poured the coconut cream and the chillis and let it simmer for couple of minutes.

Share It To Your Friends!

Share to Facebook

Loading...